HCM Division Sponsored Programs at AOM2022: "Creating A Better World Together"
DIGITAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT: A Post-AOM Micro-Conference [Virtual]
Cosponsors: Health Care Management and Management Consulting
Click Here or the above image for video recording:
Mini-conference was held virtually on: Tuesday, August 9th, 7:00 pm -10:00 pm Pacific Time*
* all timings on this page are Pacific Standard Time.
About the Conference Theme:
This Post-AOM Micro-conference on “Digital Health Management” will explore the role of digital transformation and digital technologies in helping health care professionals and organizations. We will discuss the effects of digital technologies on enhancing population health and wellbeing through facilitating the delivery of low-cost, high-quality care. Major topics of discussion will include the:
- Performance of digital technologies;
- Contribution of digital health to workers, workflows, and organizations;
- Public investment related to digital technologies;
- Perspective of patients and practitioners on digital health;
- Digital transformation’s impact on access to care, competition, cost control, and quality of care;
- Unintended consequences of digital tools.
This Digital Health Management post-AOM micro-conference will focus specifically on the potential contributions of management approaches to the successful implementation of digital technologies in healthcare
Sara Singer, Professor of Medicine and Organizational Behavior (by courtesy), Stanford University
Emmanuel Monod, Professor, UCMT Shanghai, and Paris-Dauphine University
"Management’s Role in Unlocking the Potential of Digital Technologies in Healthcare"
Diego Ize-Ludlow, Chief Health Information Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
Moderated Panel Discussion:
"Healthcare’s Digital Footprint: Developing a Research Agenda Grounded in Patient, Clinician, and Management Engagement with Data and Technology"
A Jay Holmgren, Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
Ye Xin Xin, Head of Internal Affairs, Shanghai Children Hospital
Shola Ajiboye, Clinical Professor, Case Western Reserve University
Peter Small, Chief Medical Officer, Hyfe
Moderator: Emmanuel Monod
"Stakeholder Engagement and Co-design of Digital Health"
Moderated Panel Discussion:
"Tensions Between Clinically Driven and Management Driven Digital Health"
Roger Bohn, Professor Emeritus of Management, UC San Diego
Li Li (Lili), Director of Teleconsulting Department, Qindao United Family Hospital, China
Ann Scheck McAlearney, Professor of Health Services Management and Policy, The Ohio State University
Jay Shaw, Assistant Professor of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto
Moderator: Sara Singer
"Innovations on the horizon that will transform the health sector"
Geralyn Miller, Senior Director, Incubations, Microsoft Health and Life Sciences Cloud
If you have any questions, feel free to contact any members of the Digital Health Management Steering Committee:
- Hassina Bahadurzada [hbahadurzada AT hsph.harvard.edu],
- Rich Greenhill [rich.greenhill AT ttuhsc.edu],
- Tim Huerta [tim.huerta AT osumc.edu],
- Masha Kuznetsova [m.kuznetsova AT hbs.edu],
- Emmanuel Monod [emmanuel.monod AT gmail.com],
- Sara Singer [ sara.singer AT stanford.edu]